This course offers a comprehensive theoretical and practical coverage of a broad range of aspects of MRI morphometry. The course is suitable for both beginners as well as more advanced users and will cover both basic and advanced features. It will provide the students with the technical knowledge and practical skills to get started with your own studies.
As software we will use SPM12 and the Computational Anatomy Toolbox (running under Matlab). All the steps from planning an experiment, preprocessing and analysis of the data will be explained in detail using a data set that will be provided to the students.
The following topics will be covered:
- Planning an experiment
- Preprocessing of MRI data
- Step-by-step introduction using example data that will be provided to the participants
- Use of nuisance variables
- Quality assurance
- Voxel-based morphometry
- Analysis of cortical surface
- Label- or region-based morphometry
- Longitudinal studies
- Visualization of results
- Experimental pitfalls
- Investigating of structural plasticity
- Investigating of aging effects
- Multivariate analysis methods
All necessary course material (lectures, publications, etc.) will be provided and no additional textbook is required.
This course is relevant for any student planning:
- to work in the future in cognitive neurosciences
- to apply neuroimaging methods
- to cover structural MRI techniques in their master thesis
- to work in neuroimaging laboratories after completion of their master’s work
Due to the structure of the course, it will be offered as a block seminar over two subsequent weekends (Friday-Sunday).
Block course dates: 15.-17.11.2019 / 29.11.-01.12.2019
For any question, please contact me by mail: email@example.com